According to the Met Office bad weather is on the way…Useful Check List for bad weather:
- A wind up torch and radio in case of a power cut
- Keep a stock of matches, lighters and candles
- Make sure your first aid kit is up to date
- Plan where to park your car in bad weather
- Extra Torches & Extra Batteries
- Stock up on essential household products and foods including: Bottled water, toilet rolls, toothpaste, washing products, long life or powdered milk.
- Non-Cook food including: tinned fruit, vegetables, tins of soup, baked beans, pasta, rice, crackers, oatcakes, porridge, tea, coffee, packet soups and instant mash, tinned meat and fish
- If you have a freezer – keep bread, ready meals, frozen fruit & vegetables
- Keep your radio tuned into the local radio station for travel and weather updates.
- Keep a note of your utilities information in a safe place – gas, electric, oil, coal and water. Account details and telephone numbers can be found on your bill.